Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Dream

I was standing in a dark hallway. The walls were stone and there was a cold dampness in the air. I was dressed in a beautiful dress. It was a deep red. The bodice wrapped and crossed over its self clinging to my body down to my hips where the material fell out in waves loose around my legs. I could feel the shoes on my feet and how their heels raised me up elongating my legs. I didn’t look down or raise my dress so I could see them it was enough to know they were there. I was more concerned with where I was.

I felt a touch on my shoulder and turned to see him. He took my hand and led me down the hall. We reached stairs and descended. Nineteen stairs in all and reached a great wooden door. He swung it open and led me in. The floor of the room was alternating black and white marble slabs. Each side of the room stood large columns. At first glance it seemed there was the same number on each side but I looked closer and realised that one side held 9 and the other 7. I knew that if I rejected him I would become column number 8. Trapped for all time in stone ever aware but immobile. Alive but not living.

At the end of the room was a large stone throne. It was carved but I could not make the detail from where I stood.

He pulled me into the centre of the room and I stared into his eyes. Each time I looked into them they changed colour, brown, green, black, blue and red.

He raised my hand and placed his other on my waist and we began to dance.

He was darkness but he wasn’t evil. I couldn’t explain the difference but I knew it.

He spun me around the floor pulling me close to him, pushing me away and then bring us back together. Then he spun me out again letting me go. My body raised itself up in the air and danced of its own accord. I was powerless, a puppet to another’s control. I moved like a spirit of the air my dress swirling out like petals. And then I returned to the ground and he took me in his arms leaning me back. One hand was on my lower back the other gently cradled my neck as my head fell back exposing my neck. My hands fell back as if I was being crucified. I didn’t know whether he sort to kill me, kiss me, bite me or devour me. His mouth moved to my neck and he kissed my neck, my shoulders, my chest over and over.

I woke.

The room was a soft blue grey giving it a surreal, unreal feel. I was confused. The dream so real in my head. More memory then fantasy.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love it! Just my kind of story. Excellant job!! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete