Sunday, April 18, 2010

Two nights away

I went home on the weekend, well back to the place I had called home since I first left this town. It was great to be back. On Friday night we went to this club called Lenin. I’m not sure why it was called Lenin as the only thing about it that was Russian was that it sold vodka. There were lots of drinks, lots of dancing and lots of laughing. I slipped back in easily. Well I’d not been gone that long, more like I’d been away on holiday. A few guys hit on me and I danced with a couple. No one got why I giggled when they asked me if I’d found a new beau. I didn’t tell them, well there really isn’t much to say.

The girls kept me up all night Saturday doing the girls night thing. Lots of bad food, lots of singing and mushy movies. It was great. I didn’t get much sleep either night and I didn’t have any more of the dreams when I did sleep.

I didn’t really want to come home, I have a place back there, friends, a lifestyle. Here I’m a stranger not sure about much except my house and the store. Kelly cried when she dropped me back at the airport. I told her she can come and visit me anytime she misses me but I know she won’t. I don’t think Kelly has ever been further than the airport. I got asked a bit about living in hillbilly hell but so far I haven’t really had any problems with that. You would think that a little store like the Spiral would kick up all kinds of trouble but I think they focus on the medieval aspect, think it’s a little bit of history or mythology. Maybe I’m giving more credit than is due and they just don’t think about it much at all. Or perhaps I’m going to be half drowned and tied to a stake on my return. I hope not. I think with all the actual supernatural creatures running around the bigots and haters have far more on their plate than a girl who sells necklaces, candles and does the occasional reading.

So I’m back after two days of pretending. I’ll keep unpacking and making Aunt Seph’s house into my home and tomorrow I’ll head back to the store. The girls should be returning the outfits they hired and I’m keen to hear how the Hand-fasting went.

No comments:

Post a Comment